Friday, February 11, 2011

I WONDER!

by N. Larsen (STEM)

Every morning I take a look at myself in the mir-ror and wonder who I am. Sometimes I even wonder what people think of me. They might say they see a smart and mature young lady, but do they really mean it or are they just saying it? Some-times I wonder if people were to look straight into my eyes, would they really see a smart intelligent girl or a worthless nothing kid…hmmm I wonder. I wonder if I’m going to become somebody one day, a star, become famous, or a person who people appreciate and care deeply for. I sometimes wonder if the people that say they care really care. I wonder if they care enough that they would want me to be happy and live my dreams or do they want me to be miserable and become absolutely nothing…how I wonder... I wonder if I could be-come the next Obama, Malcolm X, or even Martin Luther King. Most times I lay my head down and look up at the ceiling during the night and wonder will I grow to be a hero who will change the world and make it a better place. As the saying of one of my favorite songs by Michael Jackson “I’m starting with the man in the mirror” goes on and on in my head. Every time I walk down the street I see young boys and girls doing all this violence stuff but for what! What are they doing it for? I wonder will there ever be a time or a place where we all come together and love one another as we should. I wonder can we really get along and we just don’t want to, because of the color of some-one skin, because of something that happen a long time ago, or because you have beef with someone, but you know what I say LET IT GO! Just let it go. What ever happen in the past let it go, fights or arguments you had with anybody LET IT GO! I say this because it’s breaking us apart. Why would you want that? Please tell me because I DON’T KNOW. Why is it so hard for a boy to go up to another young brother and shake hands, and say how’s it going? Why can’t a girl introduce herself to another young sister and say hi or hello. IT is not that hard, for real, it’s actually very easy. We have teenagers dying and getting locked up with no education. I wonder if we realized that all this hating isn’t doing anything but making this world as bad as it already is and it needs to stop RIGHT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment